Gate 2020: GATE is conducted jointly by the Indian Institute of Science and seven Indian Institutes of Technologies for those students who wish to offer admission into M.Tech and M.Sc programmes in Engineering, Technology and Architecture fields. IIT Delhi will hold the exam in CBT mode. All those students who are going to appear in an exam need to check the complete eligibility norms which we are tailoring below
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an exam that first and foremost tests the comprehensive understanding of various undergraduate subjects in engineering and science. GATE 2020 application forms will be available soon. The last date to fill the form will be last week of September 2020
The exam will be conducted for 25 branches of STEM. GATE Syllabus for each paper will be stipulated separately. Final year students of graduate courses in STEM disciplines may also appear in GATE exam. GATE Result will be announced in the second week of March 2020.
GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) is a national level common entrance exam which gets organized annually in the computer-based mode for students seeking admissions into PG courses in the STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Maths) disciplines offered by IITs, NITs, IIITs, GFTIs, and STIs.
GATE 2020 Highlights
|Exam||GATE 2020 (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering)|
|Level of Exam||All India Level|
|Organization Name||7 IITs and IISc, Banglore on Rotational basis.|
|Exam Mode||Computer-Based Mode|
|Online Application Process Opens||Last week of August 2020|
|Last date of submitting GATE 2020 Application Form||Last week of September 2020|
|Extended Closing Dates of Submission of Online Application Form||First week of October 2020|
|Last Date for Requesting Change of Examination City||Second week of November 2020|
|Admit card publication||First week of January 2020|
|Exam date||First to second week of February 2020|
|Official Answer key releasing||10 days after the exam|
|Result declaration||Second week of March 2020|
|Publishing of Scorecard||One week after the declaration of results|
|Start of counseling cum admission process||April 2020|
GATE 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Check the detailed eligibility criteria framed below for a reference of students:
There is no age limit for GATE.
- Students should be an Indian citizen.
- Applicants from outside India can also apply for the exam if they fulfill the required eligibility criteria.
- Students should possess Bachelor’s or equivalent degree (after 10+2) in BE/B. Tech, B.Arch, B.Sc from a state/central government, recognized institution.
- Those who are in the final year of Bachelor’s or equivalent are also eligible for making an application.
Easy process of GATE 2020 Registration
- GATE 2020 application form will be available from last week of August 2020 onwards.
- Those who are planning to appear for the exam they must submit the application form by visiting the official website latest.
- You will be able to access the application form through the GATE Online Application Processing System.
- There are a few mandatory steps that candidates need to follow while applying for GATE exam.
- Students need to register themselves through GOAPs by entering their name, email id, and mobile number.
- After registration, a complete application form will appear >choose the preferred exam centers while filling form.
- Upload the scanned copy of photograph, signature and category certificate as per the specifications.
- Make payment of application fee in online mode i.e. through net banking/debit card/credit card.
- After completing all the step submit the application form.
GATE 2020 Application Fee
For Indian Exam Centers:
|Category||On/Before September 24, 2020||During Extended Period|
|SC/ST||INR 750||INR 1250|
|Females||INR 750||INR 1250|
|General||INR 1200||INR 2000|
For Exam Centers Outside India
|Exam Centers||On/Before September 24, 2020||During Extended Period|
|Addis Ababa, Colombo, Dhaka, and Kathmandu||US$ 50||US$ 70|
|Dubai and Singapore||US$ 100||US$ 120|
GATE 2020 Exam Pattern, Syllabus, and Books
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Type of Questions asked||Objective type (MCQs)|
|Number of Questions asked||65|
|Marks for a correct answer||1 Mark/2 Marks for each correct answer depending on the section.|
|Negative Marking||1/3rd (For 1 one marker)
2/3rd (For 2 marker) marks to be deduct for a wrong answer
No negative marking for Numerical Type Answers (NTA).
|Total marks allotted||100|
|Total time allotted||180 Minutes|
GATE 2020 Preparation Tips
- Make up your mind whether you want to opt for a coaching class or would you prepare for the exam on your own.
- Self-studying plays very important role
- Get a study material either through online mode or through offline mode.
- Start by revising the basics of each chapter.
GATE 2020 Cut off
|Computer Science and Information Technology||25.1||16.5||16.5||22.5||16.4|
|Electronics and Communication||25||16.6||16.6||22.5||16.6|
GATE 2020 Counselling Process
Counseling process for GATE 2020 is expected to start in the month of April 2020 .At the time of counselling, You need to carry the following documents:
- Class 10th certificate and mark sheet
- Class 12th certificate and mark sheet
- Graduation mark sheet of all the semester
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
- EWS Certificate (if applicable)
- GATE Admit Card
- Valid Photo ID
- GATE Scorecard
- College leaving certificate issued by the college
- Passport size photograph
Wish you all the best for your GATE exam 2020